E.B. Bradley is searching for a Truck Driver – CDL A. The Truck Driver CDL-A position is expected to work as a valued member of the shipping and receiving operations. Responsible for daily delivery of company products to customer locations in a safe and timely manner. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers. On occasion, the deliveries will be required throughout the region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan daily delivery route and strategy for the day. Select, sort and verify orders for delivery
- Pre-inspect orders for damage and quality before delivery
- Ensure that the load is in compliance with weight and other load limits
- Conduct a daily walk around safety inspection of the delivery vehicle
- Make on-time deliveries to customer locations as per pre-determined route schedule
- Provide excellent, professional and courteous services to customers during each stop
- Complete and maintain paperwork as required by company policy, procedures and directions provided by supervisor
- Responsible to know and comply with all Company policies and procedures including safety and fleet safety policies and procedures. Responsible to ensure that the delivery vehicle is clean, safe, maintained and in good operating condition
- Operate a forklift
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations
- Present bills and receipts, and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded as well as turn in receipts and money received from deliveries
- Additional duties as assigned
- Shipping and receiving experience, loading and unloading products
- Counter sales and cash handling experience
- 3-5 years of delivery driver experience
- Current valid Class A Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Current DOT medical certification
- Current forklift certification and/or eligible to be forklift certified
- Time management and ability to adjust schedule based on customer needs
- Attention to details and customer / client focus
- Safety and technical capacity
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired. Customer service experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, reach overhead and climb stairs. May require sitting and/or standing for long periods of time. Will be required to lift up to 50-75 lbs on a regular basis.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is performed in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud when in the field.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
• Post ID: 154128167 orangecounty